Part-time study is also carried out at the dislocated unit in Ljubljana.
Ability of operational management of log
Equipped with knowledge for successful organizing, leading and monitoring of the operational part of logistics in the company.
Successfully uses technologies to manage logistics and supply chains.
Teamwork and cooperation
Demonstrates the ability to work in a team to achieve desired professional goals.
Awareness that the only constant in logistics are changes, so it quickly adapts to new situations.
The study program is intended for all of those who want to acquire knowledge of entrepreneurship, innovation, current and new technologies, have a desire for practical work in the faculty laboratories, want to work on projects during their studies and attend practical training in the company. All of the above provides excellent basis for employment, as well as for deciding to go on your own entrepreneurial path as an alternative to employment in the company. It is important to emphasize that after graduation you will be able to organize, lead, monitor operational work in the field of logistics in the company, be able to collect, analyze and evaluate data and draw conclusions, make operational and less demanding tactical decisions, plan a new logistics work environment in the company/organization or improve existing one, be able to design a simulation and evaluate it, manage projects based on project management, use some equipment, software solutions, standards (Timocom, GS1 standards, handheld scanner, WMS, SAP, Microsoft Project, Excel, TMS, 3D printer…).
Text about acceptance
The Council of the Republic of Slovenia for Higher Education gave its consent to the implementation of the Professional Higher Education undergraduate study programme of Economic and Technical Logistics to the Faculty of Logistics of the University of Maribor at its 19th meeting on 24/ 12/ 2004/.
29.09.2022- External evaluation of higher professional study programme Economic and technical logistics for a period of 5 years (until 2027).
Advancement criteria of a study programme
Conditions for enrolment in the 2nd year:
Students advance to the 2nd year if they obtain at least 46 ECTS with the completed obligations of the 1st year, and fulfil the obligations in the following subjects: Fundamentals of mathematical methods 1, Basics of logistics processes and sustainable supply chains, Transport in the logistics system and Fundamentals of the theory of systems.
For students repeating the 1st year, the same conditions apply for advancement to a higher year of study as for students who regularly advance to a higher year. For students who continue their studies after an interruption, the same conditions apply for advancement to the 2nd year as to students who regularly advance to the 2nd year.
Conditions for enrolment in the 3rd year:
Students advance to the 3rd year if they have completed all the obligations of the 1st year and obtained at least 38 ECTS, but they must fulfil the obligations in the following subjects: Fundamentals of mathematical methods 2 and Application of optimization techniques in logistics .
For students repeating the year, the same conditions apply for advancement to a higher year of study as for students who regularly advance to a higher year. For students who continue their studies after an interruption, the same conditions apply for advancement to the 3rd year as to students who regularly advance to the 3rd year.
Study advancement options
Upon completion of the professional higher education study programme the students may continue their studies under the Second-Cycle Study Programme in System Logistics as well as other second-cycle study programmes.
The rate of employability of graduates of the Faculty of Logistics of the University of Maribor is at an enviable high level. According to the data of the Employment Service of Slovenia, on average as many as 97.2% of graduates are employed.
Once you complete the professional higher education study program Economic and Technical Logistics, you will be awarded a title diplomirani inženir logistike (graduate in logistics) allowing you to enter the labor market immediately and to work as: a warehouse manager, retail shop manager, head of logistics, head of parcel distribution, process manager, manufacturing process organizer, goods transport manager, freight forwarding administrator, logistics administrator, fleet administrator/manager, purchasing officer, purchase/sales administrator, warehouse worker for inbound/outbound products, line manager etc.
The faculty organizes full-time and part-time studies at its registered office in Celje. Part-time studies are organized at a remote unit in Ljubljana as well.
The excellence of our study program is reflected in the international accreditations we have been awarded:
- ECBE – European Council for Business Education in
- ACBSP – Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
These two accreditations enhance the reputation of our faculty abroad enabling us to connect with foreign institutions similar to ours with which we have excellent cooperation, and exchange knowledge and experience. Consequently, our study programs are of top-notch quality enhancing the employability of our graduates both at home and abroad.
“Athletes Friendly Education” certificate allows “top-notch athletes” to obtain adequate education and experience required for new professional challenges once their sports career comes to an end.
We encourage students to take part in an international exchange in the framework of the Erasmus+ program as it is important for them to acquire international experience, enhance their command of foreign languages and make strong friends and business ties.
Should anything go wrong, the faculty also has a tutoring system established – students tutors will be happy to assist you in resolving any issues whether related to your studies or not.
We also encourage our students to participate in serious research work. By taking part in the Creative Path to Knowledge Project (PKP), the Student Innovative Projects for Social Benefit (ŠIPK), and economy-related projects/ideas/challenges our students are given the opportunity to choose a mentor and prepare a paper covering a specific topic. Among others, they also have an opportunity to present their papers at the annual international “Logistics & International Business” student symposium. Students also have an opportunity to participate in scientific conferences and the logistics congress where they can learn about the latest scientific discoveries.
The Faculty of Logistics of the University of Maribor offers students with an affinity for research work a lot of opportunities for above-standard scientific engagement, particularly by enabling them access to cutting-edge technologies and equipment in the laboratories.
Examination methods are defined in the curricula of individual study units.
Main study programme objectives
Our Economic and Technical Logistics study program is designed to familiarize you with basic, yet key logistic functions: needs planning, supply, warehousing, distribution, transportation, after-sales and disposal logistics.
During your first year of study, you will get to know the models and practical tools required to work in a business environment. The second and third year of the study program are modules-based, meaning you can select the path your study and career will follow.
The most important component of the professional higher education study program is a mandatory work placement in an organization (either in a manufacturing or service undertaking, state administration, institution...) which you are to take part in during the summer semester of your final year. The aim of the placement is to learn how to apply the principles, methods, techniques and information tools you had been acquainted with during your studies in analyzing and recording the state of logistic functions in a real business environment. The experience you gain will enhance your employability once you enter the labor market.
General competences of graduates, gained at a study programme
The general intellectual skills you are expected to have are:
• critical thinking ability,
• intellectual openness and curiosity,
• creativity and originality,
• commitment to professional ethics,
• ability to calculate and understand quantitative information,
• ability to make operational decisions.
You will also learn the following personal skills:
• enjoying ideas, discoveries and learning,
• ability to work alone or in cooperation with others,
• self-discipline and ability to plan and achieve personal and professional goals,
• ability to lead and assume responsibility,
• having respect for the values of other individuals and groups and accepting human and cultural diversity,
• personal and professional integrity and awareness of acting ethically.
Subject specific competences of graduates, gained on a study programme
You will learn the following specific skills:
• a perfect command of theoretical knowledge of logistics, and complementary items of other disciplines,
• ability to apply the theoretical skills you have learned in practice,
• ability to identify a problem, determine and analyze the causes, as well as to provide reasonable solutions at the operational and partially at the tactical level of logistic systems within an organization,
• ability to determine and apply the information and communication technology to support professional work in a specific work area in the framework of logistics within an organization,
• ability to develop your own business.
The Professional Higher Education Study Programme Economic and Technical Logistics is open to those applicants who passed the final examination of any of the four-year secondary education programmes, “poklicna matura” (the final examination of any secondary school programme) or “matura” (the external secondary school-leaving examination).
Selection criteria in the event of limited enrolment
Potential selection criteria in case of limited admission:
- overall achievement on final examination, on “poklicna matura” or ”matura” (60% points),
- overall achievement in the third and fourth year of secondary education (40% points).
Transfer criteria between study programmes
The transfer is possible if the candidate meets the following conditions:
• the entrance requirements for the enrolment in the first year of the First-Cycle Professional Higher Education Study Programme Economic and Technical Logistics,
• is transferring from the study programme provided it leads to the acquisition of comparable competencies or learning outcomes at the end of studies,
• at transition, at least half of the study obligations according to the European Credit Transfer System (hereafter ECTS) under the previous study programme relating to compulsory courses of the new study programme are recognized.
In accordance with the transfer criteria between the study programmes the candidates may enrol:
• in the second or successive year of the First-Cycle Professional Higher Education Study Programme Economic and Technical Logistics, when they have suspended their studies according to the first study programme and continue their studies on this study programme on the same cycle,
• in the second year of this study programme, when the candidates have completed the Short-Cycle Higher Education Study Programme in the following areas: transport services, engineering and engineering services, information and communication technologies, natural sciences, economics, security services.
Criteria for recognition of knowledge and skills, gained before the enrolment in the study programme
Pursuant to the Rules on the recognition of skills and qualifications acquired before enrolment in the study programme, in the process of first-cycle education, students are recognised skills and qualifications acquired prior to enrolment in various forms of formal education, which the student demonstrates with certificates and other documents from which the content and scope of the invested efforts are evident. Candidates are also recognised skills and qualifications they have acquired in non-formal education which overlap with the syllabus. Recognised skills will be evaluated with ECTS credits.
Criteria for completing the study
The study is completed by completing all the obligations determined by the study programme.